Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Thoughts on Playing Roles for "No Child Left Behind" (8/5/09)

I personally thought the idea of role playing was a fun way for our class to interact with each other. It was fun to see the different attitudes and enthusiasm of other classmates. For example, when neither of professors let select groups speak. When this happened a sort of fun sense of frustration built up within the groups and certain people felt obligated to interrupt and contradict the professors.
I enjoyed the role play and I feel that the teaching technique used was more efficient. The other option to teach the topic would have consisted of a tradtional classroom setting, in which the teacher would simply lecture the class. Then the students would most likely have a quiz, in which they would memorize and regurgitate information. Because of role playing, I feel like I am more likely to remember the different viewpoints of "No Child Left Behind"in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment